Tuesday, February 19, 2013

An Internship at Google

No no... I am not offering this opportunity to you! In fact I myself am looking for ways to enter into innovative and trend-setting companies like Google. And if it falls on the likes of Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn to teach me how, then you bet I am desperate enough to even listen to those blokes. Because that is exactly what these guys are going to do, in case you are not aware of their latest movie to be released in June this year, The Internship. In which these two car salesmen are finding a way to enter into an internship program at Google. As is synonymous with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, The Internship is likely to be an outright comedy flick. And going by the trailer, I expect it to be a good one (made me add it to my watchlist!). And isn't it so long overdue? 

Back in 2005, Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, were a hell of a combination in Wedding Crashers, a movie which became then the biggest R-rated comedy movie. This duo along with the likes of Will Ferrell and Ben Stiller created a brand of comedy that was distinctively theirs. It wasn't about acting funny or trotting stupidly, or making brash jokes, but it was the timing of the simplest of actions put together with 'in your face' straightforward lines that made their movies hilarious, Wedding Crashers being the best example. But what ahs followed since has never lived up to the expectations.  


As Ted became the surprise package of 2012, I am hoping The Internship becomes the unexpected hit of this year. It has a prime period release, in June, to help it along. The first trailer was thoroughly enjoyable and especially loved the somewhat crass joke on Charles Xavier, right at the end of the trailer. It has mixed itself with one of the hottest names of this period, Google, which would do it no harm when it comes to publicity. I loved the manner in which the title of the movie has been printed colourfully on the poster, resembling Google's style. Now I am just hoping that the movie would deliver on what it is promising, which is a lot of laughs! The trailer below to begin with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment