Friday, March 1, 2013

Halle and Emma and Daniel and Quentin

There is some force looming over my head, repeatedly pointing out to me the inviting bed and the warm blanket, forcing my eyes to shut shop for the day, making me yawn for reasons unknown, turning my fingers into lead so that typing becomes mysteriously difficult. Aaarghh... this is no unknown force. It is my nemesis, my arch adversary, the one who keeps me in confinement -- sleep! It has raised its head again as I fight valiantly. But things are shutting down. My power of logical reasoning has left me. If you were to talk to me now, I would seem no less lost than Kristen Stewart was on the Oscars stage on Sunday. But still I grapple, for I have yet more to tell. Though what it was, I have completely forgotten. To make my life easier, I am going to just pick up the latest happenings in the grandiose, picturesque, brilliantly lit, scintillating world of Hollywood (am I high!?), so that the world remains on the same page. And when I wake up next, all fresh and alive, we can continue from where we left. 

1) Halle Berry is almost certain to return as Storm in X-Men: Days of Future Past. One more of the old X-Men characters roped in... I am all game for it! In fact bring them all, I say. In Bryan Singer I trust, when it comes to X-Men series. And if you were sleeping for the past few months and are clueless on what I am talking of, time to update yourself mister! (http://bucksandcorn.blogspot.in/2013/01/too-many-mutants-do-not-spoil-broth.html)

2) Emma Watson is mentioned to be in talks for the lead role in 2014's Cinderella. In this fairytale-to-movies period we are in right now, it was but time for Cinderella to crop up too (I am waiting for someone to make a movie on the 'Three little pigs' soon). Could turn out to be a big role for Emma to completely break free from Hermoine Granger. And this news comes in along with the story that Daniel Radcliffe is in final talks for a role in Frankenstein, though not the lead role I am guessing. Radcliffe has been bold in choosing his acting path since leaving the charmed world of Harry Potter and roles like these could be the stepping stones for bigger things to come. 

3) I read that Michelle Obama is being criticized by some section for appearing on the Oscars. Grow up people! She just livened things up.

4) The last chapter of The Hobbit trilogy has been pushed from July 2014 to December 2014. I hope someone is keeping a lid on Peter Jackson, for if this guy gets carried away he could turn it into a 6-movie series too! 

5) There is not much positive buzz on Jack the Giant Slayer so far. But as always I carry hope (and maybe would add a pillow, just in case!).

6) There is no further news on Quentin Tarantino's tie that he wore for the Oscars. The guy that suddenly made 'Peace Out' seem cool for me, completely lost interest in his tie and let it wander around as he collected his Academy Award. The tie, as I heard last, still managed to reach home, safe and sound. Way to go Tarantino!


Sleep is sinking its fangs into me... I fight oh so bravely, oh so boldly, oh so wisely, oh so... Zzzzz....

No comments:

Post a Comment