Thursday, March 7, 2013

To: Mr. Tony Stark

"So why... can't I sleep?" Well, Mr. Tony Stark, the reason I cannot sleep is because you are donning the stylish and elegant red and gold suit of Iron Man for the fourth time. I cannot sleep because Ben Kingsley who once won an Oscar for his portrayal of the leader of a non-violent movement, is looking chillingly cold and menacing as Mandarin. I cannot sleep because Don Cheadle is looking the true patriot in his striped suit with more screen time appearing on the cards. I cannot sleep because Gwyneth Paltrow is appearing so vulnerable that she requires your protection and yet I expect her defiance to kick in. 


Am I not clear yet? I find sleep hard to come by because the latest trailer of Iron Man 3 has given me so much to look forward to. I find sleep hard to come by because April 25 is so near and yet seems so far away. I find sleep hard to come by because I expect Iron Man 3 to once again ponder on the age-old question about the suit/cape that a superhero wears: whether this blessing becomes a curse eventually if you stick to it too long!? Whether the suit defines the man or the man defines the suit!? 

I am not able to sleep, Mr. Stark, because already I am wondering about the various possibilities that your next movie would open up for the Avengers 2 storyline. I am not able to sleep because I am preparing myself to catch on the subtle remarks that would be made about the other superheroes in your universe. I am not able to sleep because I am worried about the questions being floated around, on how long would Robert Downey Jr. wear the Iron Man's armour. 

So there are enough reasons, Tony, for me to be left deprived of sleep. None that you would understand for you live in a different world, being a billionaire and saving lives as a superhero, all served in a single dish. You got a lot going on in your life. So I wish you well! Get him, Tony, get Mandarin, save your girl. Come April and I'll be rooting for you. And if there ever comes a time when the burden is too much for you to take, just hand me a suit and I shall fight beside you right till the end...


No comments:

Post a Comment