Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some casting news... if you care

I am in no mood to write anything. And yet I do. I do not know why. Maybe it's just the innate need to complete the task that I assign myself. Or maybe I desperately want to voice my cluttered thoughts. Or maybe I got nothing better to do. Or maybe movies are the last source of happiness I cling on to. On a day that I feel I may have the symptoms of 'blunted affect'. Maybe, maybe not! Grrrr... I am just not in the mood to write. 

So with that state of mind all I will do is pass on information. Such as the casting of Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Sin City 2. The kid is becoming popular with each day and it seems time to get rid of such a long name and come up with something cooler. JG Levitt? Sounds like an old man's name. Well, JGL has come a long way from the young charming boy I recall in 10 Things I Hate About You, a teenage rom-com movie which I had then felt was filled with talented cast members (a certain Heath Ledger was in the mix too). He's grown in sizeable proportions since then such that his name will now add as much value to the Sin City franchise as much as the movie would add value to his name. On the other hand, a newcomer  has been cast in Transformers 4 along side Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay is going gung-ho about how the young chosen one arrived from Ireland to USA with just 30 bucks. Well, maybe his pocket was picked on the way. Or maybe he did not care, as I do not care right now. Let it be an interesting story once he becomes an A-list Hollywood actor rather than ruining it now. And for all those who still scream that Transformers series is not a classic, well boo hoo to you, just live with it. If Bay's recent statements are anything to go by, this is likely to be another trilogy, so get ready to listen to the word Transformers a bit too often!



Anything else to say? Uhh... no. Maybe there must be some more important news told somewhere. But with the state I am in right now, I really couldn't care less (not entirely true!). To better days... 

PS: In case you wondering why the image of clouds amidst all this, the answer is simple: I just felt like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment