Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Good Dinosaur walks...

Damn you cold! The lamest of diseases to have. None of the greats ever get even a sniff of a cold. Imagine Batman not being around to protect Gotham... because he has a cold! Aachoo... but I have my jacket on. And that should be enough of a saviour as I type out this post. As the cold left me with a woozy feeling and no 'brilliant' thoughts to talk about, I glanced through the movie news making the rounds. And the one that brought a wee bit of a smile out of me despite the cold blocking out my emotions, is from Pixar. Who else? And the news is the release of the first concept art for Pixar's 2014 movie, The Good Dinosaur

Pixar is the teacher who teaches the animation industry about the standards it has to live upto, and then goes ahead and sets new ones, higher than the previous. While Pixar is releasing Monsters University this year, a prequel to its decade old hit, Monsters, Inc., my eyes are already set on the 2014 release of The Good Dinosaur. Pixar, unlike other studios, was never in the business of sequels and prequels, keeping this restricted to the Toy Story series. Well, until the only dud in Pixar's history, I feel, Cars 2 of 2011. It seems though Pixar could not resist the chance of sinking again into the popularity of one of its old gems and hence the creation of Monsters University. Though I hope it proves me wrong and ends up being more of a Toy Story 2 rather than a Cars 2 (though being a prequel Monsters University should be compared with Toy Story 0 and Cars 0; that is my woozy head talking!), it is The Good Dinosaur that should tell you once again what sets Pixar apart from the pack. Its genius of telling a story that stays close to your heart! The ability to make you fall in love with the characters as soon as they pop up on the screen and make you forget that it is an animation movie after all. Of creating new characters each time, of telling a new story every time in a new way, while still making it feel like a Pixar flick. That is what Pixar is about! And that is how I hope it stays for years to come...

The first concept art of The Good Dinosaur for your eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment